Monday, May 3, 2010



At the beginning of June, I will be unemployed. And to tell the truth, I really can't wait. The more I think about working for myself, making books and other pretty objects to sell, the less appealing it sounds to work for someone else on their schedule. I'm happiest waking up at the crack of dawn and sitting down with a cup of coffee to get started on the day's projects, enjoying the sun coming through the windows and stopping when the sun is starting to set. Working for myself and on my own terms feels so much less like work than the alternative!

I know that I'm facing a lot of hard work and a lot of uncertainty in the future, but I am looking forward to those long and golden days of early summer in a whole new way.

1 comment:

Mamie said...

That organized desk just begs to be taken advantage of. Hurray for the new adventure.